City Operations Manager
Millions of locals rely on Citymapper because we provide them with the best public transport information in their city. The City Operations team is a mighty crew of hands-on transit experts, who ensure the app feels local in every city and always provides the most accurate information.
Paris is reshuffling its bus network, a strike brings the Madrid bus network to a standstill, users in New York request a new disruption feature. Don't worry - the City Operations team got all of this. We're the heartbeat of Citymapper.
As the City Operations manager you make sure the team operates smoothly like Swiss trains. You prioritise the day-to-day work of the team, liaise with product managers as well as engineers to drive data-driven features, and you grow the team by recruiting more transit enthusiasts. When a major incidents happens in a city, you're leading the live operations to keep users informed in real-time.
- 5+ years of experience working in a data-related role, 2 of which in a managerial position
- True passion for cities, urban transport and maps with good understanding of how public transport networks operate
- Can-do attitude, self-starter
- Understanding common transit data formats such as GTFS, TransXchange, Naptan, SIRI is a plus
- Local knowhow from some of our existing cities besides London is a plus
Competitive pay, equity / stock options, and various startup perks like food, travel and hoodies.